Thursday, March 26, 2015

Kayaking Competition in Fontaine de Vaucluse

A wet cloudy day kept us close to our present home, L'Isle sur la Sorgue, so we headed only 10 minutes away to Fontaine de Vaucluse. What a pleasant surprise!! A dramatic setting in a gorge with a swiftly running river, and a kayak competition! I spent a lot of time capturing the kayakers coming off the falls, trying to get just the right combination of action and an expression on their face, while keeping the image sharp.
 I love repetitive action situations, I get to try different settings and ways to get it just right, over and over again. It all made for a great afternoon!
Online I wasn't able to find out more about the competition, I wanted to share my images with them, but this is all I found... Maybe they will find me. Selectif Regional Slalom Canoe-Kayak Fontaine de Vaucluse

A beautiful setting for a small village and a sporting event.


 Spectators.

 Part of the course.

 Cutest dog!! I asked if I could take their photo, being friendly and agreeable, they said yes :-)

 Spring is on it's way.




 Great scenes and even in the rain it looks good.

Here are a few more of the hardy kayakers...






1 comment:

  1. Love the magnificent colors and compositions. I hope the kayakers find you and get to see their brave actions!

    ReplyDelete